Concrete Form Setter / Carpenter
Website COLOSCAPES Concrete
The Concrete Form Setter/ Carpenter will perform many tasks that require physical labor on construction sites in all types of weather conditions.
Position: Concrete Form Setter / Carpenter
Location: Loveland / Denver, CO
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in building and positioning forms for pouring concrete and dismantles forms after use, using saws, hammers, nails, bolts, or form hardware.
- Dig ditches and levels earth to grade specifications, using pick, shovels, and rakes.
- Grade dirt and concrete efficiently and accurately.
- Erect and disassemble scaffolding, shoring, braces, and other temporary structures.
- Mix concrete and mortar.
- Clean construction site to eliminate possible hazards.
- Assist to align, straighten, plumb and square forms for installation.
- Construct forms, then assist in raising them to the required elevation.
- Install and tie rebar and wire mesh.
- Install handrails.
- Load and unload trucks and haul and hoist materials.
- Care, clean, and organize form material in shop, in truck and at a job site.
- Inspect and maintain vehicle supplies and equipment, such as gas, oil, water, tires, lights, and brakes to ensure that vehicles are in proper working condition.
- Load and unload trucks, vans, or automobiles.
- Report any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles and/or equipment and immediately notify supervisor.
- Check fluid levels on all equipment and vehicles.
- Lubricate and clean machinery, equipment, and tools.
- Use power sprayer or washer.
- Keep jobsite, trucks, and equipment clean
- Report any unsafe work practices or safety hazards encountered on the job to the Foreman / Foreman Lead.
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials.
- Grind, scrape, sand, or polish surfaces, such as concrete surfaces for cleaning or finishing, using abrasive tools or machines.
- Cut lumber to specified dimensions, and drill holes in lumber.
- Hold plumb bobs, sighting rods, and other equipment, to aid in establishing reference points and lines.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is accomplished primarily outdoors, occasionally indoors, and in all types of weather conditions/environments.
- The employee will be exposed to and working near moving mechanical parts and equipment.
- Constant and proper use of personal protective equipment is required and will be provided by the Company (i.e., hard hat, safety vest, safety glasses, and safety gloves).
Education and Experience:
- 1 – 2 Years of experience in similar position/industry
- Learn the positions basic responsibilities within 30 days
- Be able to operate small equipment such as walk behind saw, compactor, drills, skid steer, circular saw, power trowels, laser, etc.
Certifications Preferred or must obtain the following during employment:
- OSHA 10 Hour
- Forklift Operator Certification
- Skid Steer Operator Certification
Who We Are:
If you are looking for a company that you can advance and grow professionally with, your search ends here! Join one of concretes industry leaders, Coloscapes Concrete. Apply today to come join our growing team!
Physical Requirements and Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is required to demonstrate full range of motion with neck, arms, shoulders, hands, torso, legs, and feet.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Employee is required to regularly lift, carry, push, and pull materials and tools up to 100 lbs. using abdominal and lower back muscles repeatedly or continuously over time without “giving out” or fatiguing.
Job Type: Full-Time
- $23.00 – $27.00 / hour
- Must pass pre-employment Drug Screening
Access and view the full job description here: Concrete Form Setter / Carpenter
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org