Driver / Laborer
Website South Valley Drywall
Drive flat-bed truck and/or scrap truck. Carry and load drywall materials such as mud, drywall, scaffold, hardware, and metal studs. Deliver materials to job sites. Loading and unloading is done by hand using forklifts and carts.
Position: Driver / Laborer
Location: Denver, CO
Responsibilities and Duties:
Drive flat-bed truck and/or scrap truck. Carry and load drywall materials such as mud, drywall, scaffold, hardware, and metal studs. Deliver materials to job sites. Loading and unloading is done by hand using forklifts and carts. Loads are, at times, required to be manually carried up two to four floors. Clean up job sites and fill scrap truck by hand using carts and wheelbarrows.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Qualifications:
- Lifting and Carrying up to 140 pounds (drywall material and scrap).
- Lifting and Carrying 50 to 60 pounds on a regular and consistent basis for three to five hours per day (lifting drywall material and scrap).
- Pushing and Pulling 50-pound carts and wheelbarrows frequently, one hour per day.
- Lifting and Pushing 5-pound broom or floor scraper occasionally, one hour per day.
- Reaching and Pushing 40-to-60-pound scrap into truck above shoulder and at shoulder height occasionally for approximately one hour at a time.
- Mental and Muscular coordination required.
- Walking and Carrying for approximately six hours per day.
- Sitting in truck and Driving for approximately two to three hours per day.
- Driving Requirements: Must conform to D.O.T. standards of physical and mental capabilities. This is the essential job requirement of all drivers of company vehicles.
- Climbing stairs while carrying materials weighing 40 to 60 pounds when the job cannot be stocked any other way. Climbing in and out of truck back and cab.
Environmental Factors Essential to Job Duties:
In and out of buildings and job sites. Time is spent in truck and at work locations. Hot in summer, cold in winter. Job site conditions influenced by many other types of trades. Intermittent noise and some dusty and dirty conditions. Uneven walking surfaces.
Who We Are:
South Valley Drywall has been providing exceptional metal stud and drywall construction since 1976. As an award-winning leader in the industry, we offer a wide variety of quality products and performance-engineered systems to meet our client’s commercial, industrial and residential needs.
Training / Skills:
Heavy lifting, driving flat-beds or scrap trucks, operating forklifts, wheelbarrows, flat carts.
MACHINES, TOOLS USED ON JOB: Forklifts, brooms, floor scrapers, shovels, dollies, wheelbarrows, flat carts.
Job Type: Full-Time
- $18.00 – $25.00 per hour
Access and view the full job description here: Driver / Laborer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com