Summer Pop-Up Bootcamps
BuildStrong Academy Blog.
The Colorado Homebuilding Academy hosted a second summer of successful Construction Skills Bootcamps out on the site from June through October.
These bootcamps were hosted at active jobsites for Thrive Home Builders, Taylor Morrison, and Oakwood Homes. With a total of 10 sessions and over 10 students per session, we successfully helped over 100 Colorado residents change their lives by gaining the skills needed to have a thriving construction career.
The Pop-Up Bootcamps offer students not only a comprehensive education in basic construction skills, but also the opportunity to experience the atmosphere of a jobsite and the reality of working outside in the elements. Temperatures throughout the program ranged from triple digit heat to chilling snow, exemplifying the dedication that these students and instructors have.
Each monthly bootcamp included a Trade Lunch, sponsored by HomeAid Colorado, for the students to meet and engage with trade partners from around the state. Through these lunches, students formed connections with companies that could be their future employers, building their networks and career skills.
Pop Up Bootcamps will return for Summer 2021, and we look forward to continuing to provide this opportunity to members of the community.
- QLTY Objective Partnership
- Virtual Job Fairs
- Summer Pop-Up Bootcamps
- Results Lab Video
- Online Construction Skills Bootcamp
- Online Webinars
- Career-Altering Workshops
- 3 Important Trades of Homebuilding
- Women Who Build
- Reasons Why You Should Choose a Career in Construction
- Start a New Career in Construction!
- Construction Sites Need Veterans!
- Become a Construction Manager with Colorado Homebuilding Academy
- Why Construction Training? Before Your Job Search, Start with Training
- From Classroom to Construction Lab: Youth Construction Apprentices Build Future Careers