Installer – Glazier
Website Associated Building Specialties, Inc.
The Installer-Glazier installs storefront and curtain wall systems sold by the company by performing the following duties.
Position: Installer – Glazier
Location: Broomfield, CO
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Installs primarily storefront and curtain wall systems while maintaining set schedules to meet deadlines; follows blueprints and drawings, uses hand/power tools and equipment for effective installation
- Loads and delivers materials to jobsite, ensuring material integrity
- Checks-in and communicates with Crew Lead daily
- Communicates issues with Crew Lead/Project Manager as soon as they arise
- Keeps work area clean and free of debris
- Utilizes internal software for jobsite communications and accurate time keeping
- Completes Punchlist items to ensure customer satisfaction and contract compliance
- Returns unused materials to warehouse in new condition
- Participates in continuous improvement initiatives
- Participates in jobsite and safety meetings
- Follows mobilization plan communicated by Crew Lead; communicates with Crew Lead throughout mobilization
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Qualifications:
- Ability to Follow Instruction
- Ability to Identify Plumb/Level/Square
- Ability to Read Construction Drawings/Plans
- Ability to Read Tape Measure
- Hand/Power Tool Proficiency
- Communication Proficiency
- Safety Focus
- Math Ability
- Reasoning Ability
- Internet Software Proficiency
- Relationship Management
- Time Management
- Ethical Conduct
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
Required Education and Experience
- High school education or equivalent or
- One to three months related experience and/or training or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience installing storefront and curtain wall systems
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Valid driver license and insurable under our company vehicle insurance policy
- Reliable vehicle and valid insurance
- Basic hand tools required to conduct tasks on site (drill, impact driver, tape measure, etc.)
Who We Are:
The construction industry is known for high turnover and low morale, which leads to upheaval in teams, poor communication, skills gaps, and confusion on projects. At ABS, we have an experienced team that’s worked together for years. Why? The culture here is different. We believe that our staff comes first, and that the client is #2. We believe that if the staff is taken care of, coached, rewarded, trusted, and put in a place where they can grow, they will be equipped to take the best care of the client. The ABS team is encouraged to take responsibility and pride in every area of the company and build their skillsets to reach success individually, which allows us to achieve greatness as a business. Communication and trust between team members, leadership, and departments is what allows our team to consider their coworkers as family, and ensures that your project will be completed with the utmost of care, collaboration, and attention to every detail from design to installation and final quality control. We would be honored to part of your project, as a true partner who meets your specific needs; efficiently, and with pride.
Physical Requirements and Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift or move up to 25 pounds, occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds, and infrequently lift or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); toxic or caustic chemicals (Refer to MSDS sheets for detail); outdoor weather conditions, risk of electrical shock; falls from lethal elevations; slips, trips and spills; falling objects; working at high elevations; pinch-point and struck-by injuries from materials, vehicles and heavy equipment.
Job Type: Full-Time
- $20.00 – $30.00/hour based on experience.
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay. ABS full-time employees are eligible to participate in our group insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, employer-paid and voluntary group life insurance, and 401(k) on the first of the month following 60 days of employment. All employees participate in our bonus plan.
Days and hours of work are Monday through Thursday, 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Occasional evening, Friday and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel throughout the service region is expected with occasional overnight travel to jobsites.
Access and view the full job description here: Installer – Glazier
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com