Senior Field Technician / Licensed Electrician
The function of the Field Technician III / Electrician is to support project management and sales in the installation of project deliverables within budget and on-time. This individual will perform the task of installing audio/video and control system equipment in a timely manner and according to design specifications.
Position: Senior Field Technician / Licensed Electrician
Location: Denver, CO
Responsibilities and Duties:
The function of the Field Technician III / Electrician is to support project management and sales in the installation of project deliverables within budget and on-time. This individual will perform the task of installing audio/video and control system equipment in a timely manner and according to design specifications. Tasks include pre-wiring, terminating/testing, creation of daily work reports, hardware configuration/programming, final equipment installation, and other tasks necessary to complete the job successfully. In addition, this position requires a secondary specialty in residential electrical work, such as adding branch circuits, installing lighting control system devices, lighting fixtures, as well as updating and adding panelboards, surge protection, and other smart home related devices.
This role is for a motivated individual in our audio, video and control installation team. This individual will work with project management, sales, and engineering to install and commission cutting edge audio/video and automation systems.
This role may require working the occasional weekends and evenings, and overtime may be required from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Qualifications:
- Ability to work independently, teach others, and assist in training initiatives related to networking and low voltage integrations
- The willingness and ability to take ownership of the final customizations and troubleshooting of large A/V projects
- Use of hand and power tools in both new construction and finished residential and commercial environments
- Ability to work on electrical installations unsupervised or while supervising others
- Problem solving, troubleshooting, and creative thinking
- Understanding of Google Docs and Google Sheets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level understanding of networking, design and troubleshooting
- The ideal candidate will be a self starter who is highly motivated and dedicated to driving efficient and profitable project outcomes. The ideal candidate will be a team collaborator and promoter of ListenUp’s standards and policies
Education and Experience:
- Audio/Visual industry training and certifications in design/installation/programming
- Extensive working knowledge of Savant, Control4, and Crestron control systems
- Extensive experience and working knowledge of the electrical industry
- Work experience in construction environments
- Two or more years experience in the installation, integration, programming and support of audio/visual systems hardware, software and technical infrastructure
- Extensive experience with large audio, video, and control system installations
- Solid understanding of home network and control configurations as well as the ability to troubleshoot those aspects of a project
- Thorough experience in the installation, integration, programming, and/or support of audio/video systems hardware, software and infrastructure
- Two or more years of documented experience in wiring for, installing, and repairing electrical apparatus and equipment for electric light, heat, and power.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must hold a current Colorado Residential Wireman (RW) or Journeyman Wireman (JW) licence or be able to obtain licensure in the State of Colorado within 14 days of employment.
- Valid driver’s license with clean motor vehicle report
Who We Are:
Locally-owned and nationally known, ListenUp is Colorado and New Mexico’s most trusted source of audio/video and smart home systems for almost 50 years.
We are inspired by the challenge of keeping with the latest and greatest technologies and providing our clients with the best performing, most reliable systems. Our mission is to bring clients a customized home and entertainment experience that transforms technology into art. We seek to hire and inspire employees who embrace a shared passion for technology, artistic sensitivity and forging new pathways for growth.
ListenUp is Rocky Mountain West’s leading dealer, designer, and installer of high-end audio/video and smart home control systems. We also serve as one of the most influential independent consumer electronics dealers in the country, as evidenced by numerous industry accolades, including the 2018 TechHome Mark of Excellence Award and co-founder Walt Stinson’s induction into the Consumer Electronics Hall of Fame. ListenUp employs over 115 people in all of its locations, with the most CEDIA-certified technicians in the nation, to create an end-to-end, white-glove customer experience. ListenUp has product/design retail showrooms in Denver, Boulder, Colorado Springs, and Albuquerque, as well as dedicated Commercial Integration, Institutional Sales, and E-Commerce Divisions.
Physical Requirements and Demands:
- Lifting up to 50 lbs
- Lifting up to 30 lbs above the shoulders
- Carrying up to 50 lbs
- Standing, 8+ hours a day
- Walking, 8+ hours a day
- Driving daily
Job Type: Full-Time
- $23.00 – $30.00 / hour
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Access and view the full job description here: Senior Field Technician / Licensed Electrician
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org