Website Associated Building Specialties, Inc.
The service technician maintains and repairs specialty equipment by performing the following duties.
Position: Service Technician
Location: Broomfield, CO
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Performs preventive maintenance and repairs on operable walls, gym equipment and other specialty equipment
- Communicates with clients proactively and professionally, resolves client issues
- Uses software for inventory transactions in the field
- Installs specialties materials/equipment according to assigned scopes and job specs
- Returns unused materials to inventory in new condition
- Maintains materials/parts inventory in service vehicle for efficient operation
- Safely uses ladders and lifts, such as scissor lifts, in the performance of service
- Communicates job status and completions with Service Manager
- Communicates parts needs to Service Manager
- Electronically stores documentation required or relevant to the service job
- Cleans the service area upon completion of the job, or as agreed by client, including sweeping and disposing of any debris
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Qualifications:
- Problem Solving
- Service Orientation
- Organizational Skills
- Time Management
- Collaboration Skills
- Relationship Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Scope Expertise
- Software Proficiency
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the company.
Education and Experience:
Required Education and Experience
- High school education or equivalent
Preferred Education and Experience
- One year of Hufcor or other wall manufacturer experience
- One year of experience with overhead or coiling doors
- One year of Performance Sports Systems (PSS) or other gym equipment manufacturer experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Valid driver license
- Clean driving record
Who We Are:
The construction industry is known for high turnover and low morale, which leads to upheaval in teams, poor communication, skills gaps, and confusion on projects. At ABS, we have an experienced team that’s worked together for years. Why? The culture here is different. We believe that our staff comes first, and that the client is #2. We believe that if the staff is taken care of, coached, rewarded, trusted, and put in a place where they can grow, they will be equipped to take the best care of the client. The ABS team is encouraged to take responsibility and pride in every area of the company and build their skillsets to reach success individually, which allows us to achieve greatness as a business. Communication and trust between team members, leadership, and departments is what allows our team to consider their coworkers as family, and ensures that your project will be completed with the utmost of care, collaboration, and attention to every detail from design to installation and final quality control. We would be honored to part of your project, as a true partner who meets your specific needs; efficiently, and with pride.
Physical Requirements and Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift or move up to 100 pounds, and occasionally, with assistance, lift or move up to 400 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to work up to 30 feet from the ground, occasionally required to work up to 50 feet from the ground, and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions, risk of electrical shock; falls from lethal elevations; slips, trips and spills; falling objects; working at high elevations; pinch-point and struck-by injuries from materials, vehicles and heavy equipment.
Job Type: Full-Time
- $25.00 – $32.00 per hour
Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel throughout the service region is expected with occasional overnight travel to jobsites.
Access and view the full job description here: Service Technician
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com